<script async src="https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js?client=ca-pub-7467848586067900"
crossorigin="anonymous"></script>
Quarterback Trey Lanka has reached an agreement on an annual agreement worth up to $ 6.2 million with Los Angeles ChargersAdam Schefter Espn said on Friday.
Lance and Taylor Heinicke are now deposit for the starter Chargers Justin Herbert.
Herbert was one of the most durable Quarterbacks in the NFL during the first five seasons. He started 62 consecutive games to start his career, the second longest active stripe in the NFL before the fracture to his right index finger at the age of 14 2023 ended his season.
Yet Herbert played injuries and, although he did not miss the game in 2024, he was often a donut and missed the pictures or a quarter of games. The injury error began in the training camp when the diagnosis of plantar fascia was held for two weeks. Then Herbert suffered ankle spraction at the 2nd week, which the following week worsened and navigated the bruise and independent ankle injury later in the year.
Lance gives Chargers another competent backup option – along with Heinicke – if Herbert must miss time with injury. Signature Lanka chargers probably means Easton stickThe Chargers’s third Quarterback last season, probably won’t come back.
Selection No. 3 in the proposal 2021 from San Francisco 49ersLanka remains a mystery after four seasons in the league.
In two years, four games began with San Francisco, published a record of 2-2, while throwing for 797 yards, 5 landing and 3 wiretaps at 56 of 102. The ankle injury cost him his initial work, which led to Brock Purdywith Nineners.
In 2023, Dallas Cowboys He won Lanka for the fourth round last year’s design, but in 2023 did not play burst and in 2024 he saw only on the spot until the start of the regular season against Washington commanders -Dokonní 20 out of 34 passages for 244 yards without landing or capturing and running after 26 yards on six carries at the loss of the last second 23-19.
Last year’s preseason for Cowboys also played most of the films last year’s preseason, completed 73 out of 113 passages for 662 yards and two landings, but in the final of Preseason threw five wiretaps against chargers.
Lance, 24, is younger than 2024 selection from the first round Bo nix and Michael Penix jr. Former coach Mike McCarthy said that Lance needed to continue to gain experience, because only 19 games in North Dakota played before entering the NFL.
ESPN Kris Rhim and Todd Archer contributed to this report.