<script async src="https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js?client=ca-pub-7467848586067900"
crossorigin="anonymous"></script>

More Survivors Pulled From Rubble As Hundreds Still Missing


Reuters rescuers work at The Site of A Collapsed, in the Aftermath, in Earthquake, Mandalay, Myanmar, March 30, 2025.Reuters

Rescuers Work at The Site of A Building That Collapsed in Mandalay, Myanmar

Four More People Have Been Pulled From Rubble Nearly 60 Hours After A Powerful 7.7 Magnitude Earthquake Struck Myanmar On Friday, Killing at Least 1,700 People in The South-East Asian Country.

The Survivors were rescuded from Collapsed School Building in The Northern Sagaing Region, From What a Body Was Also Recovered, Myanmar’s Fire Service Said.

Hundreds of People Missing, With Search and Rescue Efforts Under Both Myanmar and Neighbouring Thailand.

The Death Toll has risen to 18 people in the Thai Capital, Bangkok, Where 76 Workers Are Still Missing Following The Collapse of A High-Rise Building That Had Been Under Construction.

Friday’s Earthquake Occurred Near Myanmar’s Second-Largest City Mandalay, Along The Saving Fault – With Tremors Affecting Several Other Nations.

Although Rescue Efforts Have Semce Friday, And International Aid Is Starting To Reach Myanamar, There Have Bays The Worst-Hit Areas, Leaving Locals to Attempt to Attempt Dig Survivors Out by Hand.

On Saturday Night, An Elderly Woman Was In Myanmar’s Capital, Nay Pyi Taw, After Being Trapped for 36 Hours The Rubble of A Hospital.

Footage Showed Her Being Carried On A Stretcher To Waiting Ambulance, Surrounded by Emergency Workers.

Watch: The Moment Rescuers Reach An Elderly Woman Trapped for 36 Hours

Twenty-Nine People Were Also Rescend From A Collapsed Apartment Block in Mandalay, The Local Fire Authority Said Sunday.

A Relatively Straight Crack in The Earth’s Crust, What

The Earthquake Struck Around 12:50 Local Time (06:20 GMT) Friday, Just 10km (6.2 miles) From The Surface – Meaning IT Effects at Ground Level Were Felt More Strongly Than a Deeper Quake.

A Second Earthquake Struck 12 Minutes Later, with a Magnitude of 6.4 And An Epicentre 18km (11 Miles) South of Saging, The Regional Capital, Which Sits Near Mandalay.

Aftershocks Have Continued Semce. On Sunday Magnitude-5.1 Tremor Was Recorded North-West of Mandalay.

Experts Say The Relative Straightness of the Saging Fault Allowed seismic waves to Travel More than 1,000km towards China and Thailand.

Getty Images Rescue Workers A Carry From The Rubble's Sky Villa Condominium Development Building in Mandalay Getty Images

More Survivors Were Pulled From The Rubble in Mandalay Sunday

In Bangkok, Where Soft Made The Shaking More Intense, An unfinished Tower Block Collapsed, Burying Many WORKING at The Site.

Thailand’s Prime Minister Anutin Charnvirakul Said On Rescuers Had Detected Signs of Life Under The Site, But Cautioned That Though Weak.

“Anomalies” Have been in The Bound In The Building’s Construction, And Samples Have Been Collected Testing, Thailand’s Industry Akanat Promphan Told The Media on Sunday.

Families Have to updates for anxiously waizing. One Woman in Thailand, Whose Husband Was Working On The Tower When It Colapsed, Told The BBC She Would Wait “for As Long As It Takes”.

Watch: At The Site of The Bangkok Tower Collapse

International Rescue Teams Have Been Joining Disaster Effort, With Several Countries Sending Assistance To Myanmar. These include:

  • China Sending An 82-Person Rescue Team, Along With Another County’s Largest City Yangon
  • A 51-strong Team Arriving From Hong Kong on sunday
  • India Sending An Aid Flight Carrying A Rescue Team and Emergency Supplies
  • Malaysia’s Foreign Ministry Saying It Would A 50-Person Team To Support Disaster Relief Operations
  • The Philippines, Vietnam, Indonesia, Ireland, South Korea And New zealand Also Sending Rescue Teams
  • UK Foreign Secretary David Lammy Pledgeging £ 10m in Aid to help “Those Most in Need”

Meanwhile, Myanmar’s Ruling Military Junta has continued bombing parts of the Civil War-gripped country. The Unscribed The Attacks As “Completely Outrageous And Unacceptable”.

Pro-Democracy Rebel Groups That Are Fighting To Remove The Military Power Power Bombings in the Chaung-u Township in The Saving Region.

The Military Regime Seized Power in A Coup in 2021, But It No Longer Many Parts of The CountryWHICH Even Divided Among Rebel Groups.

The National Unity Government, Whated Civilian Administration, Said Statement That IT Armed Forces Would Begin A Two-Week Pause in “Offensive Military Operations, Except Defected Actions” in Areas Affected by The Earthquake.

People in Myanmar Could Face Further Displacement When The Monsoon Season Arrives.

Last Year’s Was “Severe Flooding Whicmaged Homes (And) Sanitation Facilities”, Lauren Ellery, of the International Rescue Committee, Told BBC Breakfast.

“We Are Coming Into Monsoon Season Again in May, with Rain Starting in April,” She Said.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *